Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

We had a wonderful weekend this year for Mother's Day. My parents came to see us which meant that Tanner and I were able to have a "date" Saturday night. We haven't even been to a movie since we moved to Chattanooga. Pathetic, I know.
Sunday was great too. I was getting ready for church when Lindsay woke up so Tanner brought her downstairs. She could not wait to run in and tell me happy Mother's Day. I think Tanner had done a lot of prep work with her. She had made me two cards and written Mother's Day on one which she was VERY proud of. After Gracie woke up, they gave me a card from Hallmark where you can record your own greeting. Tanner had gotten Lindsay to leave me a message from her and Gracie. It was the sweetest thing, and I'm so glad to be able to have her little voice forever. They also gave me a Starbucks gift card and mug. Lindsay was thrilled about this too because it was completely her idea. Tanner said that when he asked her what she wanted to get me, she wasted no time saying, "a coffee mug because Mommy loves coffee." I'm afraid I've taken her on one too many Starbucks runs.
I love being a mommy, and my sweet girls and husband made my day. Here are some pictures from the weekend:






This picture is funny to me because I was trying to just get a picture of my parents, but Lindsay decided at the last second that she wanted to be in it too. She ran up and put on her biggest smile.

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

HEY! I'm so glad you found me!! Your girls are precious. I bet your house is as busy and as much fun as ours:)I'm glad we'll be able to keep in touch.
Love, Leigh Ann

Leigh Ann said...

I'm adding you to my friends.