Thursday, May 29, 2008

More Birthday Fun!

We had wonderful weekend! Our plans were a little different than planned, but I think the changes were for the best. Initially, we planned to go to Dollywood last Thursday, but Gracie was up twice during the night with teething pains so we decided that she would not enjoy a day in the stroller and the heat. So we packed up and went to Corinth a day earlier than planned.
I had heard about a waterpark in Tupelo from another friend's blog so we decided to go since there's not a lot for small children to do in Corinth. We had the best time! Lindsay loves water so I knew she would have fun, but Gracie had a great time too! It was the hottest day so far this summer so the water was a great treat. Gracie even decided to learn to stand up by herself while we were there (a little nervewracking for Mom since it was slippery, but she was very proud of herself)!



Saturday, we had a cookout birthday party for Gracie at my parents' house. All of Gracie's aunts, uncles, and cousins were there. She was the sweetest thing while we sang happy birthday...she just sort of smiled and took it all in. Very cute! She's not very into opening presents yet, but she loved climbing on the big boxes. I included a picture of Lindsay too because she decorated her bike with all the party hats. Also, at the party, I was finally able to get a picture of the four of us to put at the top of our blog! We're all at least looking at the camera, we'll try for smiles from the girls next time.





Sunday we had a birthday party with Tanner's family. The highlight of the party was a kiddie pool that Tanner's sister Leesa brought. All the kids had a great time in it even though they were crowded!





Thanks to all our family for helping us celebrate little Gracie's first birthday!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad to hear that you all had a great time! I like the picture at the top. You will have to tell me how you did it???

Jessica said...

It looks like Gracie had a fun birthday! I can't believe how the girls are growing! Would love to see you this summer!