Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fancy Lindsay

We are all doing much better. Thanks for everyone that has been praying for us! I found these pictures from last month that I never posted. Lindsay finished another one of her incentive charts (I know the teacher in me still comes out sometimes). Her goal for finishing this chart was to get a Fancy Nancy doll and costume from Target. Lindsay is slightly obsessed with FN. Anytime we do something special she'll say, "That's so fancy, Mommy!" And she wants to use a pen with a plume just like FN does. Anyway, we saw this doll at Target and Lindsay wanted it so badly so I suggested that she get it when she completed her chart. She was going through a rough patch behavior-wise so I thought this might do the trick. Did it ever! She was so worried that they would sell out of the dolls and costumes before she could finish the chart that she asked me about it everyday! Constantly! We finally decided that we would go ahead and purchase everything and put it away until the chart was complete. The day we opened FN was a very special moment for Lindsay.

Anxiously waiting for me to FINALLY get the doll out of the box

As soon as FN was out of the box, Lindsay hugged and squeezed her as tight as she could!


The complete ensemble and the finished chart

I have to do a little bragging on Lindsay too. I guess she is growing up, but she has been such a good girl lately. She is a huge help to me during the day always wanting to do things for Gracie. She's even started doing things like cleaning out her plate and bringing it to the kitchen sink without being asked. I am so proud of her! She's always been such a sweet little girls, but she seems to be going the extra mile lately.

4 comments:

LeeAnne said...

How cute! And yay for Lindsay for earning her doll so quickly. We just read FN for the first time yesterday, and I just started Maggie's first reward chart today (she wants a scooter, so I'm using it as incentive to get her to stay in her bed all night). We're right there with you!!!

Jennifer said...

Way to go Lindsay!! I never thought of using a reward chart, but maybe I need to try it with Cooper!

Ellen said...

Yay Linds! By the way...love your blog...I totally stole the idea and changed mine...you're so cute!

Jessica said...

I love it! That is so precious (or should I say fancy)!