Then yesterday she had her first haircut. I have been putting it off and putting it off, but I finally did it. We went to a cute place called Tiki Cuts that specializes in first haircuts. It's actually run from a pool supply store here, which may be a little redneck, but Lindsay liked it nonetheless. She was hilarious sitting up in the big monster truck chair while Ms. Jill cut away. She did not move a muscle which is very usual for this child. After all my worry, the experience turned out to be a success and Lindsay's hair really does like much better (you can see from the before and after pics). And yes she still does have tons of curls.
Friday, August 8, 2008
A Hairy Situation
Lindsay has had some big hair moments this week. The first came on Saturday when I rolled her hair for the first time. She has tons of curls anyway, but we saw pink spongy rollers at Target and I couldn't resist. I spent many a Saturday night sleeping in this type of rollers growing up. She was a very good girl while I was rolling her hair, but by the time she got in bed she was done with them. That's probably better though because I think her hair would have resembled Nellie from Little House on the Prairie had she made it all through the night.



Then yesterday she had her first haircut. I have been putting it off and putting it off, but I finally did it. We went to a cute place called Tiki Cuts that specializes in first haircuts. It's actually run from a pool supply store here, which may be a little redneck, but Lindsay liked it nonetheless. She was hilarious sitting up in the big monster truck chair while Ms. Jill cut away. She did not move a muscle which is very usual for this child. After all my worry, the experience turned out to be a success and Lindsay's hair really does like much better (you can see from the before and after pics). And yes she still does have tons of curls.




Then yesterday she had her first haircut. I have been putting it off and putting it off, but I finally did it. We went to a cute place called Tiki Cuts that specializes in first haircuts. It's actually run from a pool supply store here, which may be a little redneck, but Lindsay liked it nonetheless. She was hilarious sitting up in the big monster truck chair while Ms. Jill cut away. She did not move a muscle which is very usual for this child. After all my worry, the experience turned out to be a success and Lindsay's hair really does like much better (you can see from the before and after pics). And yes she still does have tons of curls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love her new haircut! The story about the rollers hits home to me too b/c I used to sleep in those stinkin rollers and when I woke up on Sunday mornings my head was always so sore!!
She looks so cute!! I too can relate to the pink sponge rollers. That must be a defining beauty product of our generation! :-)
Seeing these photos reminds me that I really need to get Maggie's cut again. It looked so much healthier after her first cut last fall.
Her hair is so beautiful! I could never sleep in those rollers! I never understood how girls like you did it! I guess that's why my hair was always really straight!
Love the haircut. Amy, Sally and I spent many a nights in those rollers too...you make me want to go buy some!
Oh, I remember those pink sponge rollers days! I saw some at Sally's, and they immediately took me back to when I was a kid.
I actually think Lindsay's hair looks curlier since you've had it cut! Enjoy those curls! I used to brush Rebekah's, and I'm finally learning how to take care of them.
Post a Comment